Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Snowy Owl!!

Whaaat??  Yesterday one of the guys told me a Snowy Owl was perched on a boat outside the building where I work.  Although I have seen many Snowy Owls this winter, it would have been the first one I have seen at work.  In all the years I have been out there, I have never seen one in the area.
This morning one of the other guys told me one was perched on a nearby building first thing.  I never saw that one either!  Just so happens I was working outside today, so I kept an eye open for any bird really.
I went into the shop to gather some tools at one point, then came out to see a Snowy Owl perched atop one of the boathouses.  I did not have my camera today, but used the small point and shoot from the shop.  Poor quality, but a record shot.




Nice weather now, and hopefully it will stay for the weekend.  Forster's Terns showed up at the marina on Monday, earlier than usual.  Around April 10 is when I normally see them.









Some filler.  Recent project:



Still cleaning up fire debris from December.  All the debris is gone and concrete is up.  Topsoil is being removed today. (Photos by Ron M. Wade).

1 comment:

  1. Blake, nice work-bird! The boats are looking very nice as well. -DM

    ReplyDelete