Friday, August 10, 2018

Royal Yard Visitor

This evening I was relaxing on the back porch and noticed a large dragonfly fly in.  It perched on one of the White Cedars.  I did not think much of it at first, thinking it was a large darner.  It was fairly high and distant.  It stayed there for a long time and my curiosity got the best of me, so I got out the camera.



I approached a little closer and it looked suspiciously like a Royal River Cruiser, so I took some photos.



Sure enough it was!  It was not a species I was expecting here in town in my own yard!


They must be doing well this year as I have seen lots in many locations.

Leaving work early this afternoon, I made my usual rounds.  Far fewer butterflies now, but a Dukes' was still working the sedges at Reid.



Some Flag-tailed Spinylegs were at McKeough.


No comments:

Post a Comment