Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Sunday Shivers

Sunday I went down to Rondeau park for a brief visit.  It was still too cold with the wind chill to be out on foot any length of time.
Some blackbirds have been hanging around the east side of the park visiting feeders.  Recently, a couple of the Yellow-headed type have been seen, but I could not find one on this day.
I stopped to look at one busy feeder setup.  There were several Red-winged Blackbirds and Brown-headed Cowbirds among other birds.


A crazy chipmunk was out and about.  I do not think I have seen one this time of year in such harsh weather!



Pine Siskins have shown up in numbers recently.



There were around two dozen at my own feeders on Sunday.




There is always the thrill of the hunt when one gets out birding.  You never know what will pop up.

Rondeau Snow Lark


Today was very mild and sunny, but of course it was a weekday.  Looks like some bad weather at the end of the week just in time for the weekend!

Oh well, I will have to keep working away rebuilding boats during the week, when the weather is nice...







No comments:

Post a Comment