Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pelee Post




I finally got down to Point Pelee today and met up with several friends at the Tip this morning.  The wind was not as strong as predicted, but a steady south wind.  Lots of things moving.
Highlight of the morning was when Marianne spotted a Black-legged Kittiwake moving south along the west side.  I got on it too late to get a good photo.
 
Loons included about 15 Common and 1 Red-throated that I spotted in the distance.

A young Northern Goshawk was also a nice bird to see.

This Red-breasted Nuthatch hung around the Tip most of the morning.


A couple of Peregrine Falcons made a showing, with one sitting on the Tip for a while.

Lots of American Goldfinch were flying over plus a few Pine Siskins.  I did spot one Common Redpoll in the group.
On the way home, this Red-tail posed for a photo.


I spent little time looking for butterflies (came up empty!) so headed home stopping at various places along the way.  Nothing noteworthy though.  I know several butterflies were seen on this warm sunny day.

No Kelp Gull there!

No comments:

Post a Comment