Saturday, February 11, 2012

Scenes from Today

It was nice all week, but as luck would have it, a storm blew in for the weekend.  With high winds and a fair bit of snow (much more than predicted!), travelling was out of the question today.
I watched the feeders first thing this morning.  Probably they were the busiest all winter!  Nothing special though.






When things settled down a bit, I headed out to the St. Clair River.  Back roads were too risky.  I took one on the way home and nearly got stuck!
Just the usual things on the river.  A large number of Common Mergansers are on the river this winter--more that I have ever seen out there.

Greater Scaup with Redhead at Sombra

A Bald Eagle was circling over Fawn Island, so I sat at the McKeough outlet for a while.


Nothing of note on the river really.  Its been that way all winter with little to look at.  A couple of Long-tailed Ducks passed by Port Lambton.
Common Goldeneye

Mallard pair

No comments:

Post a Comment