Monday, October 3, 2011

Reflections


Just a little filler piece tonight.
This coming weekend will mark the fourth year I have been doing this blog.  It has been fun all the way.  It is an excellent way to share nature sightings and information insights, and some of my photos.
Initially I had thought of setting up a website, but I discovered Blogger!  Friends Marianne Reid and Jeremy Hatt had started a blog, so why not me.
Sunrise at Rondeau

Blogging was not anywhere as near popular then as it is today.  So many people have a blog now from friends to fellow birders or nature enthusiasts. It is such a good way to get information out.
Back in August 2002 I started writing a weekly internet-based nature column to share nature-related news, mainly for Chatham-Kent and southwestern Ontario.  I am still writing it today!  Although I miss the odd week, I have written just about 400 columns to date.  They appear Tuesday evenings at:  Nature Link

There is always some overlap between that and my blog.
It is fun to share trips, outings, etc. on the blog.....!

Long Point Tip July 2007

3 comments:

  1. Blake, Congrats on 4 years of blogging! This blog helped spark my interest in birding. Nice Long Point photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog has helped culture my interest too. It is a great guide to the area throughout the seasons.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also been following your blog for a few years Blake, and it was one of the reasons I decided to jump into the blogging world. Looking forward to many more of your posts!

    Josh

    ReplyDelete