Saturday, September 17, 2022

Sightings of This Week

 Things have slowed a bit with the warm, muggy weather.  The week was good for passerines.  I had a good number of warblers at Brander Park, Port Lambton.  Many were elsewhere.

Friday I went down to Rondeau Park and started with a lakewatch at dog beach. at sunrise.



There were lots of gulls, but of course, nothing of note.  Very few passerines on the trails.  South Point was dead (again), Black Oak had a few warblers, and a number of warblers and others were at the north end of Harrison Trail.

Pileated Woodpecker

I ventured over to Erieau and walked the Marsh trail.  Good number of birds there, if one could deal with the thick growth of grape vines.

Northern Parula

I caught sight of this very pale Blackpoll Warbler.



Fiery Skipper was along the trail, but eluded the camera.  This Buckeye co-operated.


At the road, three Eastern Kingbirds were on the wires.  Getting late for them.

In the afternoon I went for a long walk at Reid CA north of Wallaceburg.  I was looking for insects or whatever else popped up.

I kept an eye open for Marine Blue (still hopefull!), but just came up with Eastern Tailed-Blues.  This one was barely recognizable.


The river bank is a bit difficult to access, but I did find a couple of mussel shells.

Paper Pondshell


Fragile Papershell

Here at home, I found a Fiery Skipper in the garden.  I seen several in various locations lately, including Port Lambton.


Today, I went back to Rondeau for lack of another choice.  It was quieter than Friday!  I stopped by Keith McLean C. L.  A few shorebirds were in.

I found a Fiery Skipper there as well.



By the end of the coming week, it will be cooler, so perhaps we will see some action.  Next weekend is the OFO Convention at Point Pelee!  See you there, if you are going!



No comments:

Post a Comment