Monday, May 16, 2022

Other Notables Around Rondeau

 On May 11, I checked out Erieau for the Eared Grebe which was found a few days previous.  It was still there, but I had to walk to the end of the pier to see it! Not one in alternate plumage though.



While there, I got word of a pair of Black-necked Stilts at Blenheim sewage lagoons.  As it was not far away, that was my next stop. One cannot pass up on Black-necked Stilts, even though I had seen six already this year!




These creature are obviously becoming more frequent each year.  Numerous locations recorded them this spring.

There was not too much of note in previous days, but I did see another Yellow-breasted Chat.  They seem to be rather plentiful this year.  We can only hope some stay to nest!

While near the pony barn on the 10th, we caught sight of a Long-tailed Weasel running around.  It was doing quite a bit of running around, so difficult to focus on.


Friday we saw another, but at the end of south point trail west.  It was carrying a dead bird, likely a Starling.

Swainson's Thrushes were numerous during my visit, as they often are.


Had a nice look at a Hooded Warbler one evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment