Sunday, April 5, 2020

Saturday Solace

Saturday afternoon became quite nice so I took another walk through Reid CA.  Not as long as the previous one, but it was something to do.
I could not get out in the morning as it was the annual Ontario Bird Records Committee meeting (via conference call!).  It is certainly something we never had to do before but we got things done.

It seemed so perfect walking through the woods.




I saw my first butterflies of the year (long overdue!).  Multiple Mourning Cloaks were fluttering about, and I saw one Eastern Comma.



At home, a fresh comma came into the garden.



Some forest floor plants are starting to peak through.  Spring Beauties were popping out.



Near the front of the property it is quite 'sedgey' and this is where the Dukes' Skippers call home.  I had never really gone that far back in before, but it is quite extensive.  Maybe this summer I will venture further back!


There are a heck of a lot of Shagbark Hickory trees here when one gets looking, but this this large oak tree seemed out of place in that area. 


This morning was cold and gloomy.  I just drove up along the St. Clair River to Corunna.  There was nothing of note, but one has to at least try!

Reid Remnant

No comments:

Post a Comment