Sunday, June 26, 2016

More Lep Hunting

Late this morning I went looking for hairstreaks and other butterflies along Duthill Road.  I happened to meet up with Bob and Karen Yukich who were doing the same thing!
More hairstreaks are out including numerous Banded.



Not long after our arrival, a Southern Hairstreak was found nectaring on Indian Hemp.



Two others were also seen.





On the way back to the car, I found a fourth for the day.

I also found the first Coral Hairstreak of the season.  The Corals are hit and miss at Reid, and in fact it has been 2 or 3 years since I have seen one there.



The first Northern Broken-Dash of the season were also flying.

While walking along the main trail, I encountered a first Royal River Cruiser.  They are common along the Sydenham, but this was the first for this year.

Common Milkweed is just coming into bloom, so that should attract more butterflies.




Common Milkweed is just coming into bloom, so that should attract more butterflies.




female Amberwing

spanworm type moth


No comments:

Post a Comment