Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Searching the Sedges

I swung around by Reid CA after getting off work about an hour early.  The goal was to see a Broad-winged Skipper.  I only found one and it was somewhat unco-operative!


They fly low and weakly through these sedges.

Broad-winged Habitat


Some Edwards' Hairstreaks were flying and they were looking tired.



Still lots of Appalachian Browns fluttering about.



At the start of the trail in a different sedge type area, I found a couple of skippers.  They appeared to be Dukes' due to the darkness and strong 'ray'.




Shaded Sedges


Just before I left, I found this Eastern Tailed-blue.  The black dots were rather prominent in this worn individual.  I don't recall seeing them quite this prominent before.



At one point I slightly deviated into the woods and found some Ghost Pipe!


Photos taken by the Canon G16.

No comments:

Post a Comment