Friday, June 27, 2014

Summer Sandhills

On the way to work this morning, I spotted seven Sandhill Cranes in a field west of Wallaceburg.  It is not unusual to seem some in the fields west of town in the summer, but this seems a bit early.  I assume these have come off Walpole Island for the day.



It was one of those picture-perfect days. I got off work a tad early and did a bit of looking around.....for butterflies, of course.  Looks like a good year for the 'Southern' Hairstreak. I saw two more today which looked pretty fresh.



I only had the point and shoot camera, but these turned out pretty good!


I have now seen a total of eight (8) since this past Sunday.

Other hairstreaks were present too.




A clear, calm morning on the St. Clair River.

Michipicoten (ex. Elton Hoyt II)

No comments:

Post a Comment