Friday, November 1, 2013

Eider This Way or That

Hydro was off at work this morning due to the wind storm, so I decided to go on up to Sarnia.  (Should have went SW for obvious reasons, but one cannot be everywhere!).
Winds were not the greatest, but there was a fair bit of activity.  I got on the female King Eider right away, but it was far out.  It and a lot of scoters were staying far off shore.
A few hundred bonies were hanging around and only one adult Little Gull amongst them. Most were on the Port Huron side.

Gadwall on Lake Huron

The above was the only ship this morning.  I have also seen Brant and Puffin in the past!

Some loons and grebes (Horned and Red-necked) were far out.  None were flying today.  I was on a loon very far out that looked somewhat like an adult Pacific, but who knows.

American Tree Sparrow at Perch Creek

After a few non-productive hours there, I went over to Perch Creek.  Quite a few birds were around including a large number of robins.  I checked the pines for owls and found one Long-eared playing peek-aboo.


Did not get close enough to flush it.

No comments:

Post a Comment