Friday, November 23, 2012

November Gulls and Gales


Last night more seasonable weather came in with strong winds and cooler temps.  A couple of ships were at anchor on the St. Clair River this afternoon. November has been a deadly time on the Great Lakes in the past with the sinking of vessels such as the Carl D. Bradley (November 18, 1958), Daniel J. Morrell (November 26, 1966) and the Edmund Fitzgerald (November 10, 1975).
Algomarine

Gulls will be moving in and it is time to head to Niagara!  I will going next weekend and no doubt will see many people I know, as usual.  I had fun last year, managing 11 gull species in one day.  Should have had that California, but I left a few minutes too early!
The famous Adam Beck Overlook

A number of gulls were on the St. Clair River today.  It will be quite windy on Saturday and I was tempted to go to Point Edward.  Although anything can show up at any time, the wind is a bit too west.  I also hate sitting in one spot for long periods of time!  We had a good time up there during the Hurricane Sandy storm, so I am pleased with that at least.

Birding should be decent this weekend with the cold front now here.  It was TOO nice last Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment