Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Birding?



With the longest days of the year now behind us, things will be getting better (I hope!).  There was no time for birding during the week recently as the days were too short.  Although I had an unexpected day off on Tuesday, there just is not much around.  Today I was off after lunch and drove around a bit, finding nothing.  For small birds, finding two Horned Larks and a flock of starlings in an hour is just plain silly!

Looks like the Snowy Owls and Sandhill Cranes have left the area as I have kept an eye out this week. Maybe more will show.  Our CBC is on Tuesday, so I sure hope some birds come in.


Late this afternoon the sun came out so I just went out to Port Lambton to look around.  It was a nice view along the Snye at MacDonald Park, but not a single bird anywhere!  A Common Goldeneye was up the river across from the old orchard, but that has been around a few days.

I will head out somewhere tomorrow, but it will be down to Lake Erie.  Perhaps Erieau, or even to look for that Great Gray Owl near Kingsville!



No comments:

Post a Comment