Sunday, April 24, 2011

What's With Rondeau? A Long Overdue Record

Just saw the photo of the Townsend's Solitaire that Donald Pye found at Rondeau this morning.  I don't know when the last Solitaire was at Rondeau, but maybe 30 years ago?  Not since I have been birding there.  After a record check, we have come up with March 25, 1976 (Cedar Springs by Keith Burk) as the last Townsend's Solitaire record for the Rondeau Birding Area.  35 years is way too long!!
All in the timing, as it was not around when Jim and I were there first thing this morning.  Just got a better photo:  (Thanks to Donald Pye for letting me post his photo).


(photo by Donald Pye)

Now I see the McArthur's had a Yellow-throated Warbler at the feeder!  I've seen them at Rondeau, but.... 
As usual I'm in the wrong place at the right time!

No comments:

Post a Comment