Sunday, March 9, 2008

After the Storm

Today was a rather beautiful day with no wind and full sunlight! What a difference from yesterday. I got out by mid morning and checked out the St. Clair River. Lots of ice had moved in since yesterday. Not a huge number of ducks to look at, but I did see some. That same old wigeon pair was still at Lambton Generating Station. The male came fairly close for a photo. Some Redheads were in close as well.

REDHEAD DUCK

As usual, I drove back roads home, but today I was limited as some were not ploughed yet. I was going to check a small pasture, but that road had not been ploughed.
Just before dusk I headed out to that pasture to check for Short-eared Owls. Just like clockwork, they were already hunting. I saw a total of five, plus a light morph Rough-legged Hawk. I managed to get a few photos of the owls, but of course lighting was not too good.

SHORT-EARED OWL


I then headed to another pasture, but nothing was there.
One of these days I would like to come across a Snowy Owl!

No comments:

Post a Comment