Thursday, February 9, 2012

Odds 'n Sods

Sunset this evening, Southern Lambton Co.

We have had some very nice days and clear nights this week.  But, the weekend is coming and the weather will go downhill!  Looks like a cold and windy weekend ahead.
I decided to drive around this evening in hopes of seeing something interesting, but as usual, I hardly saw a bird!  Lots of Red-tailed Hawks, but not a single owl of any sort.  I am sure a few are out there, but I have no luck in finding any.



Lots of barren fields.
It does not help that many farmers in Chatham-Kent and southern Lambton County have something against trees and vegetation (away from the work areas).  This continuous cutting down of woodlots, trees, riparian corridors, cleaning out ditches, etc. is disheartening.  I (and many others) see no need for this extent of destruction.  Just a rant here, and if you take offence to it, your are guilty as charged!








Odds 'n sods.....
I noticed a small herony in a woodlot along Bickford Line this past weekend.


Seems to be lots of gulls moving on the St. Clair.  Each morning I see lots heading upriver at Port Lambton.  Many mill about off the old Terra plant and off Detroit Edison.  I think many of the Sarnia gulls come downriver as well, then head back to Sarnia Bay for the evening.  I have seen nothing unusual though.

Downy Woodpecker working Golden Rod galls:

A double yoke!

No comments:

Post a Comment