Friday, July 27, 2018

Friday Rambles

After work today I dodged the rain (felt like the weekend was coming!) and stopped at Nicholl's Memorial Forest at Wilkesport.  The prairie plants and wildflowers are in bloom.



Compass Plant

Culvers Root

ironweed

Gray-headed Coneflower

Virginia Mountain Mint

Densse Blazing Star is not as plentiful this year.



Hooded Mergansers nested at the pond this year and a few were swimming.



I also stopped at Reid CA and came across a couple of American Woodcock.



Dukes' Skippers were numerous and easy to find.




I found one at the Broad-winged Skipper spot--the first time I have had one there.



I have not come across Broad-winged there yet this year!

Sandhill Cranes are on the move and are now regularly being seen west of Wallaceburg.  A few were near the Walpole bridge this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment