Sunday, February 4, 2018

Some Snowy St. Clair Scenes

Despite the weather, I headed out this morning to the St. Clair River.  Visibility was not the best due to the falling snow.



The best spot appeared to be at Corunna off Guthrie Park.  There was a lot to look at, but nothing new.



I got out of the car at Cathcart Park to look. You cannot see everything unless you walk up to the river's edge.



A large raft of ducks was south of Bouman Point out of range.  No doubt there were some hybrids in there!

I spent quite a bit of time at Guthrie Park.






I saw at least 14 Glaucous Gulls of various ages, so there are still quite a few around.






On a hunch, I swung back to Greenfield Road and saw the Snowy Owl between Courtright and Oil Springs Line.

A walk at both Moore WMA and McKellar Tract along Bickford Line revealed very little, but that has been the trend with landbirds this winter.

Black Creek


At least the feeders were quite busy today as I spent the afternoon at home.




No comments:

Post a Comment