Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Getting Some Sun

A Sunrise

After lunch, I headed out from work to take advantage of the nice weather.  We sure as heck cannot get sun on the weekends anymore!




I went for a long walk at Perch Creek CA, then a couple of spots towards home.  It was good to be out birding in the sun, as I had completely forgotten what it is like.  What is with this weird weather pattern anyway?
At Perch Creek, I found an energetic flock of Common Redpolls along the east slope of the Blackwell landfill feeding on thistle.  Unfortunately, I was on the wrong side of them for good photo opportunities.



A Northern Harrier spooked them at one point.


There was also Winter and Carolina Wrens in the woods with many chickadees and a couple of Golden-crowned Kinglets.
Lots of Chickadees around this winter

I did not get any Yellow-rumped Warblers at Moore WMA, but they must be there.  Most of the other birds were present, but I could not cross the river since it was running a bit high.

Looking forward to this weekend despite the usual weather.  Friday eve looks good for some owling around Arkona!
Whooo!

1 comment:

  1. Blake, I totally agree... it was awesome to get some sun today. We've had weeks of cloudy, crappy weather, particularly (as you mentioned) on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete