Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fiery Skippers Abound--No Sachems!

I have been checking the gardens at Brander Park in Port Lambton, but have not come up with a Sachem.  Numerous Fiery Skippers, and in fact the most I have ever seen there.  15-20 at a time plus quite a few Peck's Skippers.  Oh well, I will keep looking.  These gardens are good till heavy frost.  I have had Peck's and Tawny-edged and Fiery Skippers there in late September among others.  I have not bothered to bring the camera the last two days!


Sachem at Point Pelee

As you have read elsewhere, the White-M Hairstreaks are back out at Point Pelee.  The last two times I was there I just concentrated on west beach.  Looks like Sparrow Field is a good spot to check for White-M.  They have been seen on goldenrod.

With all the butterfly excitement, one tends to ignore birds!  I did see quite a few warblers on my trips to Pelee last week and weekend.  Usual stuff like Chestnut-sided.

Saw a nice male Cape May along west beach on Sunday.

Also heard the Dickcissel on concession D one day last week.  Never heard the ones at Hillman so they probably left long ago.

More scenes from Muskoka:
Offshores heading to Port Carling!
(a show was being held on Saturday)


Scene near the cottage (rare sun event!)

Best I could do for a sunset photo....!  Weather......


No comments:

Post a Comment