Friday, September 23, 2011

This Week

It was back to work this week.  We spent the week cutting up a 33' boat.  Hard work doing that and filling a 20' X 8' X 8' dumpster.  The days of burning are long gone!

Each day I checked Brander Park before and after work.  Lots of warblers were there, and on the nice days, butterflies (as in the previous post) were out in the afternoon.
Peck's Skipper

Late today I headed down to Blenheim.  Lots of shorebirds in, but I could not find a Red Knot as posted by Garry Sadler yesterday.  An adult Wilson's Phalarope in basic plumage was in the sprinkler cell--something not reported recently.


A couple of Stilt Sandpipers among lots of yellowlegs (~80 birds total) were present.















In pond 3, the long-staying Horned Grebe was associating with the ducks.  More Ring-necked Ducks were in, and a definite female Lesser Scaup!
Down at Erieau there were tons 'o gulls.  About 100 Sanderling were on the pier, beach or rocks.  Always running around, I could not focus on them!  Lighting bad too.

Tomorrow looks good for some Rondeau birding.....

2 comments:

  1. Blake, I think I saw some Red Knots at Tilbury mid-week this week. Possibly some white rumped as well, but I had poor looks because they were are the far side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dwayne,
    I'll be going to Tilbury in the afternoon, hoping for something to look at!

    ReplyDelete