Sunday, January 9, 2011

Gulls on the St. Clair


Another full day of sun!
I checked out the St. Clair River first thing this morning up to Courtright.  More ice, hence more gulls.  It could be a different batch of gulls as there were a large number of Great Black-backed Gulls (all ages).  Most of the gulls were in the Sombra area and a few farther up. I sat in one spot and just watched them float downriver. There were several hundred.

Glaucous Gull


I had about seven Glaucous, but again no Iceland. Just three species today that I could find.
Earlier I saw a Peregrine Falcon at the south end of Sombra, so there is one out there!


Not as many ducks today probably due to the ice flows.  There seems to be a good number of Common Goldeneye off Courtright.



Sorry about the quality of photos.  They degrade when uploaded to the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment